Accreditation Module 2.2: Post-Award Processes - 01 July 2021
Time listed as AEST
Module 2.2: Post-Award Processes
The purpose of this module is to provide research managers and administrators an insight into the process of effective post-award administration, from contract negotiation through to the close of a project.
This module provides an understanding of the key role an administrator plays in in the relationship between a funding agency, the organisation and the researcher including understanding the hierarchy of compliance associated with post-award administration in the Australasian research environment.
Participants will become familiar with the common terms used in research agreements and the required steps in the initiation of a contract to ensure that the interests of the organisation, researcher, and funding agency are all met. The module also covers the usual course of contract management and the deviations acceptable to funding agencies; common funding types and the key principles that underpin these; and the common types of agreements used in research management and when these agreements are required.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this modules, research administrators will have mastered the basics of the following:
- Understanding the key role and administrator plays in the relationship between a funding agency, the organisation and the researcher;
- The hierarchy of compliance associated with post award administration in the Australasian research environment;
- Familiarisation with the common terms used in research agreements;
- The required steps in the initiation of a contract to ensure that the interests of the organisation, researcher and foundation agency are all met;
- They usual course of contract management and the deviations acceptable to funding agencies;
- Common funding types and the key principles that underpin these; and
- The common types of agreements used in research management and when these agreements are required.
Who should attend?
This module is suitable for research managers and administrators who have some experience in post-award grant administration (3-6 months).
Research managers and administrators from all organisations and institutions will benefit from this module including those from:
- Research agencies and institutes;
- Medical research institutes;
- Research and development corporations;
- Research centres;
- Government departments;
- Funding bodies;
- Industrial research and development teams;
- Service providers;
- Commercialisation bodies; and
This is an elective module for individuals completing the ARMS Foundation Level Accreditation Program in all regions. Each module can also be taken as a stand-alone unit for professional development purposes.
Location: Zoom Meeting
ARMS Member: $380 AUD (Price will be discounted in the Shopping Cart)
Non-Member: $480 AUD
Members: Please login to your account and then continue your registration below.
Non-Members: Please sign into your free webfriend account or continue your registration.
Event Purchase Notification:
- This email will be sent 4 weeks prior to the delivery date of the module.
- It will contain the Zoom meeting link for the virtual meeting, the Zoom meeting ID and the passcode for the virtual meeting.
- It will contain a link to the Body of Knowledge (BoK) and any other relevant study materials.
We strongly recommend you test your ability to connect to Zoom prior to the first session.
If you have any questions, please contact the ARMS Executive Office email@example.com or +61 8 8201 5592.
Should your circumstances change, and you are unable to attend this workshop, you must contact the firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the scheduled event. ARMS will refund the full registration fee minus any administrative fees.
Should you cancel less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of this workshop, no refund will be payable but instead you may wish to send a proxy.
ARMS reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses and events due to minimum numbers not being reached or for other unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation, ARMS will aim to advise all participants in writing five (5) days prior to the scheduled event and will refund the full registration fee including administrative charges within 30 days after notification.