ARMS recognised the achievements of our members and supports their professional development though the following:
RMIT Paul Taylor Award for Excellence in Research Management Practice - Open tentatively 01 July, close 05 August 2022.
Travel Awards to attend the in-person conference - Currently not available.
Scholarships to participate in the biennual INORMS conference - Open 08 July, close 01 September 2022.
INORMS Awards for Excellence in Research Management Leadership - Open 01 April, Close 17 June 2022.
Janet Dibb-Leigh Award (JDL) for distinguished service in research management - Open 10 June, close 01 August 2022.
Fellows of ARMS - Open 24 June, close 01 August 2022.
ARMS congratulates all current and past award recipients.
Click here for a full list of current and past award recipients.
ARMS-INORMS 2023 TRAVEL AWARDS - INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
CLOSING DATE FOR TRAVEL AWARDS NOW EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, 16 SEPTEMBER 2022
Email applications to ARMSadmin@researchmanagement.org.au
ARMS recognises the importance of offering its members opportunities to develop collaborations beyond our region and to gain exposure to best practice in international research management.
INORMS is the International Organisation for Research Management Societies. Its purpose is to enable interactions, sharing of good practice, and joint activities between the member societies, to the benefit of their individual memberships.
ARMS-INORMS 2023 Travel Awards are intended to provide financial assistance for members to travel to the biennial conference. The 2023 Congress will be held in Durban, South Africa from the 30th of May to the 2nd of June. Visit the INORMS Congress website for full details.
The Congress will feature a variety of plenary sessions, seminars and workshops covering key research management topics, specifically exploring the theme, Towards a Utopia in Research and Innovation Management. The programme will be enhanced by a variety of opportunities for delegates to develop their personal and professional skills.
The Society may allocate up to 5 (five) awards in 2023 to an upper limit of AUD$3,000 per award. The number and value of the awards may vary, depending on the number and quality of applications received.
2022 RMIT PAUL TAYLOR AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH MANAGEMENT PRACTICE
Through the generous contribution of RMIT University, ARMS is pleased to announce the 2022 RMIT Paul Taylor Awards for Excellence in Research Management Practice. These awards honor the life of Dr Paul Taylor, an exemplary, well regarded, and inspiring Research Management Professional who sadly passed away suddenly in November 2018. Dr Taylor was highly regarded internationally for his thoughtful and determined leadership on the responsible conduct of research.
The program offers two awards which fall under the following categories:
Category 1: RESEARCH MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE
Two awards of up to AUD$500 each may be granted under Category 1: Research Management Excellence. This award recognises excellence in practice through:
- Innovation in research management** – Through the development of new ideas and the creation of novel solutions.
- Leading change – Characterised by engaging in best practice for sustainable outcomes; working collaboratively to enhance teamwork; and positively influencing others by building shared commitment to workplace and organisational objectives.
- Providing quality service – Recognised by client groups for consistently providing outstanding service that has enhanced the profession of research management.
- Working smarter – Characterised by using creative and innovative solutions that enable work to be carried out more easily, efficiently and/or productively, while not compromising the quality of outcomes.
Nominations may be made by either an individual or a team.
Category 2: PAUL TAYLOR MEDAL
One award of up to AUD$1000 may be granted under the Paul Taylor Medal (Category 2).
Category 2 - RMIT Paul Taylor Medal recognizes excellence in Research Integrity through:
- Education and training – Through the provision of high-quality education and support to promote responsible research.
- Innovation in research integrity – Through the development of new ideas and the creation of novel solutions that aim to enable responsible research.
- Leading change – Characterised by engaging in better practice for deepening research integrity culture and positively influencing others by building shared commitment to principles and responsibilities of research integrity.
- Research and understanding – Through generation of new insights and knowledge about research integrity and the responsible conduct and management of research.
- Working smarter – Characterised by using creative and innovative solutions that enable work in research integrity management to be carried out more easily, efficiently and/or productively, while not compromising the quality of outcomes.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
To nominate an individual or a team, download and complete the nomination form and submit it to ARMSAdmin@researchmanagement.org.au
Nominations for the 2022 round are due no later than 5PM AEST, Friday, 5 August 2022
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2023 INORMS AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP
The INORMS Awards for Excellence in Research Management Leadership were first launched in 2018 to recognise outstanding examples of research management leaders who have made substantial contributions to the research management profession internationally.
Each participating INORMS sister association is now invited to select one (1) exceptional research management leader who shall be honoured at the 2023 INORMS Congress Award Ceremony in Durban, South Africa between 31 May – 3 June 2023.
We now invite nominations from eligible ARMS members who can demonstrate:
- How their contributions to research management are congruent with the objectives of INORMS;
- The outstanding contributions they have made to the research management profession internationally; and
- How they will continue to provide visionary leadership in research management internationally.
For a full list of previous award recipients, visit the INORMS website.
Nominations close 5 PM AEST, Friday, 17 June 2022. Enquiries may be directed to ARMSCOO@researchmanagement.org.au
THE 2022 JANET DIBB-LEIGH AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED SERVICE TO RESEARCH MANAGEMENT
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Janet Dibb-Leigh Award for Distinguished Service to Research Management recognises individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the enhancement of the research management sector throughout Australasia and Singapore. Nominations are called for annually, however this award is only offered to an individual whose contributions to the profession of research management are deemed exceptional.
If the Assessment Panel identifies a deserving candidate in this current round, a trophy will be presented to the recipient at a Virtual Event of ARMS to be held Thursday the 8th of September 2022.
ABOUT JANET DIBB-LEIGH
Ms Janet Dibb-Leigh is the Founding President of ARMS. This award has been established to recognise her contributions towards the establishment of ARMS and more broadly to the research management profession globally.
Nominees and nominators must be a current member of ARMS.
Nominations must be submitted to the ARMS Executive Office by 5 PM AEST, Monday, the 1st of August 2022. Please email your nomination to ARMSAdmin@researchmanagement.org.au - Late nominations will not be accepted.
The Janet Dibb-Leigh award will be announced at an award ceremony at the ARMS Virtual Conference to be held Thursday, the 8th of September 2022.
The awardee shall receive an official trophy and will be formally acknowledged on the ARMS website and the Report to Members.
Late nominations will not be accepted.
Please observe key dates for this Award, described below:
Friday, 10 June 2022
Call for nominations for the Janet Dibb-Leigh Award for Distinguished Service to Research Management.
Notification to be disseminated to all ARMS Members and details will be posted on the ARMS website and our e-newsletter, Up In ARMS.
Monday, 1 August 2022
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the ARMS Administration Officer – ARMSAdmin@researchmanagement.org.au by cob 5 PM AEST. Late nominations will not be accepted.
3-5 August 2022
Assessment of all nominations by a sub-committee of the ARMS Board.
The ARMS Board reserves the right not to make an Award in the event that no nominations are received which sufficiently meet the above selection criteria.
Thursday, 8 September 2022
If an awardee is selected this round, she/he will be announced at the ARMS Virtual Event. The Awardee to be presented with an official trophy.
Presentation by ARMS President.
Award announcement in e-newsletter, UP IN ARMS.
CALL FOR FELLOWS OF ARMS 2022
Email nominations to ARMSadmin@researchmanagement.org.au
Fellows of ARMS are recognised as individuals who have made an enduring and substantial contribution to research management as a practitioner, mentor, trainer or advocate in the research management profession.
Fellows of ARMS will be entitled to carry the post-nominal “Fellow of ARMS” and are encouraged to participate actively in the work of the ARMS community to share best practice in the profession of research management well beyond their membership with ARMS.
At time of submission, nominees must be a current financial member of ARMS and also be nominated by a current financial member of ARMS.
Applications for Fellows of ARMS must:
- Be current financial member of ARMS either as an individual or as part of a corporate membership; with 5 or more years of continued membership.
- Provide evidence of how their contributions are congruent with the mission, goals and strategic direction of ARMS.
- Provide evidence of their enduring and substantial contributions to research management; and
- Provide evidence of how they will continue to provide visionary leadership in research management.
Intending applicants are encouraged to review the Nomination Guidelines and to complete a Nomination Form. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Nomination Forms must be submitted to the ARMS Executive Office by no later than 5 pm AEST, Friday the 1ST of August 2022.