WHY JOIN A CHAPTER COMMITTEE?
Joining a Chapter Committee offers a rewarding, engaging volunteer role with professional recognition and opportunities to give back to the Research Management community.
It also offers a meaningful way to:
- Strengthen your leadership skills as you share experiences, challenges and successes with other Research Management Professionals;
- Develop networks with other like-minded Research Management Professionals who share your committee to the profession;
- Foster opportunities to work with other Research Management Professionals and key stakeholders in the sector; and
- Increases your professional networks and contacts on a local and global scale.
ABOUT ARMS CHAPTERS
There are currently 10 Chapters across the broad geographical spread of ARMS, including:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- New Zealand and Pacific Islands
- Queensland, Northern Territory and PNG
- South Australia
- Western Australia
The Chapter Committee will provide strategic advice and guidance relating to the future directions of all current Chapters of the Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS). The aim of the Chapter is to ensure that local ARMS members receive professional development and networking opportunities in their geographical regions and address, where possible, national and international issues of relevance for Research Management Professionals in the delivery of their local programs and events.
To find out more about what’s involved in joining a Chapter Committee, please click onto the Chapter Committee Terms of Reference.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
From time to time, each Chapter Committee will extend a call to the ARMS community seeking new members to get involved. Current calls for vacancies on Chapter Committees are listed below.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact the ARMS Executive Office, ARMSMembership@researchmanagement.org.au.
CHAPTER COMMITTEE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Please click on the following link to download an Expression Of Interest (EOI) to become a Chapter Committee member when a call is made.
OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER COMMITTEES: