ARMS is pleased to announce the creation of a new Australasian Research Training Network (ARTN) as part of ARMS. Membership of the ARTN is open to all members who have an interest in higher degree research.
The functions of the ARTN are to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of research training issues and the administration of research training throughout Australasia.
- Provide opportunities for professional development, networking and peer support;
- Support for the coordination of regional and international conferences relevant to the needs of its members;
- Provide an avenue for the publication and distribution of relevant professional material including occasional papers;
- Participate in appropriate local and regional activities; and
- Make recommendations for strategies that support the operation of research training administration.
The operations of the Network will be overseen by the ARTN Advisory Group, which will comprise nominated members from a diversity of institutions and locations. The Network will also be aligned with the Directors of Higher Degree Research Special Interest Group.
As part of the operating principles, the ARTN will align with and support the mission of the Australian Council of Graduate Research (ACGR) and commit to the Australian Graduate Research Good Practice Principles. Additionally, the ARTN will have its own stream as part of Quality in Postgraduate Research conference (QPR) in Adelaide this year.
Registration with the ARTN is open to staff in all ARMS member institutions as well as approved external organisations.
Further enquiries can be directed to ARMSCOO@researchmanagement.org.au