About the ARTN
ARMS in collaboration with the ACGR (Australian Council of Graduate Research) have recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding to re-establish the Australasian Research Training Network (ARTN). Membership of the ARTN is open to all members who have an interest in higher degree research.
The functions of the ARTN are to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of research training issues and the administration of research training throughout Australasia;
- Provide opportunities for professional development, networking and peer support;
- Support for the coordination of regional and international conferences relevant to the needs of its members;
- Provide subject matter expert advice to ARMS and the ACGR where appropriate on relevant government submissions;
- Provide an avenue for the publication and distribution of relevant professional material including occasional papers;
- Participate in appropriate local and regional activities; and
- Make recommendations for strategies that support the operation of research training administration.
The operations of the Network will be overseen by the ARTN Advisory Group, which will comprise nominated members from a diversity of institutions and locations. The Network will also be aligned with the Directors of Higher Degree Research Special Interest Group.
As part of the operating principles, the ARTN will align with and support the mission of the Australian Council of Graduate Research (ACGR) and commit to the Australian Graduate Research Good Practice Principles.
ARTN Advisory Group:
- Tracy Sullivan – Co-Chair
- Susan Schlinker – Co-Chair
- Jason White – Co-Chair
- Catherine Murphy - Committee member – Governance and Administration
- Dr Seán O’Reilly - Committee member – Graduate Research Development
- Dr Douglas Eacersall - Committee member – Graduate Research Development
- Kate Swanson – Committee member
Joining the ARTN
Registration is open to staff in all ARMS member institutions as well as approved external organisations.
1. Email the ARMS Executive Office advising that you would like to join.
2. Then email the ARMS Executive Office advising that you would like to join.
We welcome all professions in the research training space to join the ARTN LinkedIn Group.