The following Guidelines determine which types of activities are eligible for CPD:
- Formal postgraduate study and other tertiary courses relevant to research administration and/or management and not undertaken as part of a degree course;
- Conference attendance, workshops, seminars and other similar activities delivered or facilitated by recognised practitioners in the field of research management, including ARMS events*;
- Learning activities in the workplace which enhance research management knowledge or skills;
- Service to ARMS, sister societies or other similar bodies up to a maximum of 30 hours over a three-year period;
- Preparation and/or presentation of courses, talks and other material at research management workshops and conferences;
- Secondment appointments up to a maximum of 30 hours over a three-year period; and
- Any other structured activities not covered by the above, but which satisfy the objectives of these Guidelines.
*The maximum claim for any conference relevant to the profession will be 8 hours and any other event relevant to the profession will be 7 hours per day.