Module 2.1: Pre-Award Grants Processes - 01 June 2023
Time listed as AEST (April to September) or AEDT (October to March)
The aim of this module is to provide an overview of research funding administration (Pre-Award) from conception to outcome of a funding application. Particular focus will be given to understanding the context and processes for sourcing and applying for competitive funding.
Specifically, this module is aimed at assisting participants understand institutional culture, provide support to prepare the researcher for funding applications, build awareness of funding opportunities and support available. It shows how the research manager has an active role in advising and administrating funding application development, submission and assessment.
The focus of this Module is given to competitive research funding sources. As such real examples of current practices from across the sector are used as examples.
Key learning outcomes:
On completion of the module, participants will have increased ability to:
- Provide targeted support to their researchers in their finding and applying for funding, including anticipating and overcoming barriers to obtaining funding;
- Assist researchers to design a plan for developing and resourcing a quality application;
- Implement training mechanisms that inform researchers of developmental opportunities and processes; and
- Support best practice for pre-award funding processes.
Who should attend?
This module is suitable for those who are new to the research management profession, those who have specialised in one area of research management and wish to broaden their knowledge and/or those who are experienced research managers but wish to refresh their knowledge in a specific topic area.
Research managers and administrators from all organisations and institutions will benefit from this module including those from:
- Research agencies and institutes;
- Medical research institutes;
- Research and development corporations;
- Research centres;
- Government departments;
- Funding bodies;
- Industrial research and development teams;
- Service providers;
- Commercialisation bodies; and
This is an elective module for individuals completing the ARMS Foundation Level Accreditation Program in all regions. Each module can also be taken as a stand-alone unit for professional development purposes.
Dr Fraser Rogerson
ARMS Member: $380 AUD (GST inclusive) - Price will be discounted in the shopping cart.
Non-Member: $480 AUD (GST inclusive)
Members: Please login to your account and then continue your registration below.
Non-Members: Please sign into your free website user account or continue your registration.
Event Emails and Pre-reading:
- You will receive a confirmation of registration email upon successful registration for this workshop. Pending payments may delay the email being sent. Please contact the ARMS Accreditation Program Administrator if you require assistance.
- The link to the Body of Knowledge (pre-reading), any other relevant study materials, and Zoom details will be sent four (4 weeks) prior to the delivery date of the module.
We strongly recommend you test your ability to connect to Zoom prior to the first session.
If you have any questions, please contact the ARMS Accreditation Program Administrator ARMSAccreditation@researchmanagement.org.au or +61 8 8201 5592.
Should your circumstances change, and you are unable to attend this workshop, you must contact ARMSAccreditation@researchmangement.org.au by no later than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the scheduled event. ARMS will refund the full registration fee minus any administrative fees.
Should you cancel less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of this workshop, no refund will be payable but instead you may wish to send a proxy.
ARMS reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses and events due to minimum numbers not being reached or for other unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation, ARMS will aim to advise all participants in writing five (5) days prior to the scheduled event and will refund the full registration fee including administrative charges within 30 days after notification.