Accreditation Module 5.1: Research Information and Reporting - 26 August 2021
Time listed as AEST
Module 5.1: Research Information and Reporting
The purpose of this module is to give research managers and administrators insight into the current and evolving practices of research information management.
Applicable to a wide range of research managers and administrators, areas covered in this module include the national and institutional contexts which drive the requirements to collect, process, manage and analyse research information. It examines the theory behind, and basic principles of relational database systems and the management of research information systems, and provides an understanding of reporting requirements and the principles of evidence-based policy.
In addition, the module gives an introduction to research performance indicators and research drivers in the context of research evaluation and assessment, including research impact.
Key learning outcomes
After completing this module, research administrators will be able to demonstrate familiarity with:
- The concept of keys in a relational database system;
- The reason we store data and how we determine what is important and necessary to store;
- The common terms used in the different realms of research information management;
- An understanding of the key role research data and the analysis of data plays in performance and reputational management of both individuals and institutions; and
- The relationship between research ‘success’ and research reputation and how those form the paradigm for institutional performance and growth.
Who should attend?
This module is suitable for those who are new to the research management profession, those who have specialised in one area of research management and wish to broaden their knowledge, and/or those who are experienced research managers but wish to refresh their knowledge in a specific topic area.
This module is suitable for research administrators with limited or no previous experience working in organisations involved in research, including those from:
- Research agencies and institutes;
- Medical research institutes;
- Research and development corporations;
- Research centres;
- Government departments;
- Funding bodies;
- Industrial research and development teams;
- Service providers;
- Commercialisation bodies; and
This is an elective module for individuals completing the ARMS Foundation Level Accreditation Program in all regions. Each module can also be taken as a stand-alone unit for professional development purposes.
Presenter: Alistair Duncan
ARMS Members: $380 AUD (Price will be discounted in the Shopping Cart)
Non-Members: $480 AUD
Members: Please login to your account and then continue your registration below.
Non-Members: Please sign into your free webfriend account or continue your registration.
Event Purchase Notification:
- This email will be sent 4 weeks prior to the delivery date of the module.
- It will contain the Zoom meeting link for the virtual meeting, the Zoom meeting ID and the passcode for the virtual meeting.
- It will contain a link to the Body of Knowledge (BoK) and any other relevant study materials.
We strongly recommend you test your ability to connect to Zoom prior to the first session.
If you have any questions, please contact the ARMS Executive Office firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 8 8201 5592.
Should your circumstances change, and you are unable to attend this workshop, you must contact the email@example.com by no later than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the scheduled event. ARMS will refund the full registration fee minus any administrative fees.
Should you cancel less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of this workshop, no refund will be payable but instead you may wish to send a proxy.
ARMS reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses and events due to minimum numbers not being reached or for other unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation, ARMS will aim to advise all participants in writing five (5) days prior to the scheduled event and will refund the full registration fee including administrative charges within 30 days after notification.