The Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS) is the Australasian association of research management professionals.
Since its founding in 1999, the ARMS network has grown to involve more than 3000 members from universities, independent research institutions, government and health and research organisations from across the Australasian region including Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
ARMS is dedicated to the development of research management professionals; the promotion of the profession of research management; and the advancement of the research enterprise. The Society fulfills its mission through:
- A strong, agile and resilient network of research management professionals at all levels and in a variety of settings through personal relationships and professional collaborations, presentations, formal and informal meetings and publications;
- Development and promotion of international best practice for research management in Australasia and Singapore that is responsive to the changing factors that influence the research environment ; and
- Enhancement of the interface between researchers and research management professionals.
- Equity and diversity in the profession of research management;
- A strong, vibrant profession;
- High standards of research governance including the uncompromising protection of the integrity and the ethics of research; and
- The profession of research management as integral to the research enterprise.
- High-quality, targeted professional training and development;
- Access to an annual conference with a reduced registration rate for members;
- Access to an accreditation program which recognises research management as a profession;
- Knowledge exchange through state-wide chapters and special interest groups;
- Access to awards and scholarships; and
- Member resources and advocacy services.
Learn more about ARMS - Click here to view a short video about ARMS
Click here to read about Our History.
Click here to read about our Report to Members.
The Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS) annual conference is the premier event for Research Management Professionals in Australasia and Singapore.
We are pleased to host the ARMS 2020 Conference in Perth, Western Australia, the gateway to Asia and Australia’s only Capital City situated on the Indian Ocean Rim.
The theme of the ARMS 2020 Perth Conference is “Disrupting the status quo: challenging the research and innovation culture to advance the research enterprise”. We invite you to join us and fellow colleagues from across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and globally at the ARMS 2020 Perth Conference from 22-25 September 2020.
The conference will build on the outstanding programs of previous years and will deliver a novel and exciting program of knowledge sharing, networking and presentations by inspiring leaders and innovators in the research environment.
The AEN is a broad network promoting human ethics review among universities, research institutes and hospitals and interacts closely with government bodies, regulators and funding bodies.
We are delighted to invite you to support the Australasian Ethics Network Conference (AEN2020) to be held from the 11th – 13th of November 2020 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The conference will be held under the theme “Emerging issues in Research Ethics: keeping up and bringing others along”. The theme will focus on new and emerging technologies that generate enormous excitement in research but along with the excitement comes an increasingly complex sea of ethical issues. For decades, those involved in, regulating, conducting, participating in, reviewing and administering research have grappled these issues in isolation. The goal of the 2020 AEN conference is to bring together members of these diverse groups in an effort to keep up with the emerging issues in research ethics and where possible, to bring others along.
F1 Solutions joins as ARMS Platinum Corporate Partner. Read more
ARMS Corporate Partnership Program - Read more about the ARMS Corporate Partnership Program.